Flake Ice Machines
Flake Ice is the most natural shape. Extruded at a temperature just below zero degrees. Scotsman flaked ice suits a variety of applications including fisheries, laboratories and industry.
Flake Ice offers the best solution for maintaining refrigerated perishables where long-lasting freshness and natural appearance need to be guaranteed. Scotsman Flake Ice machines offer the widest range of production capacities available. Compact or split, self-contained or modular, Scotsman machines fit virtually any space and capacity requirement, and are selected as the choice of the most demanding food processing and industrial production companies around the world. Flake ice’s ability to rapidly cool items immersed in it makes it the ideal ice choice for medical, research and laboratory applications.
AF & EF Series – Self-contained Flakers
The AF & EF Series from Scotsman are self-contained under counter ice machines specifically designed to manufacture flake ice with a residual water content of 25%.
The AF series require a gravity drain to be located below the base of the unit whereas the EF Series have a progressive water discharge condensate drain pump built in which allows the EC Series to be located in a wider range of locations.
• Agion: the technology that makes products cleaner and longer lasting with built-in protection working 24/7 to resist the growth of microbes and the development of unpleasant odours.
• Clean alert: advises with a blink when it’s time to clean the filter (except AF80 and AF103).
• Electronic control: ambient and water temperatures may change throughout the years but your ice machine’ production will stay the same.
• Front access condenser air filter: a do-it-yourself cleaning operation that saves time and money and makes your ice maker live longer (except AF80 and AF103).
• Water in / ice out concept (no cycles, zero water wastage): limits excess energy consumption, water usage and time wastage.
• Ergonomic access to ice with sliding disappearing door: one-touch door lift, makes the operators life significantly easier.
• PWD – Progressive Water Discharge: pumps excess residual water up to a distance of 15 meters (only available on EF models).
Contact Hubbard Systems for more details – 01473 350045
MF Series – Modular Flake Ice Machines
The Scotsman MF Series of modular flake ice machines are available in a wide range of ice production capacities from 140 to 2500kg and any given 24 hour period. The modular design allows the MF head unit to be installed on wide range of different storage bin options which vary in capacity and shape which means there’s a production and storage capacity combination of every application. Large production facilities like fish processors can even install the MF flakers so that they dispense ice directly into storage cold rooms, maximising operational productivity and reducing unnecessary handling of the ice.
‘SPLIT’ models operate with remote condenser refrigeration systems which require specialist installation. These systems reduce environmental issues as excess heat produced during ice production is released outside of the building and not back into the working environment making them perfect for temperature sensitive food production businesses.
Selected models in the MF Series are part of the Scotsman EcoX range of environmentally friendly ice making machines.
The Scotsman EcoX Range of ice making equipment operate on either R290 (Propane) or R744 (Carbon Dioxide) natural refrigerants (model dependant) which have a Global Warming Potential (GWP) value of 3 or less making the Scotsman EcoX ice makers fully complaint with both current and forthcoming F-Gas regulations.
If you would like some more information or to order your new machine, contact the Ice Experts at Hubbard Systems:
Email Us or call 01473 350045